Gunite application is worth it because of its versatility, beauty and durability. You will enjoy your structure, especially your pool, knowing in mind that you are safe and have enjoyed every moment.
It has higher compressive strength, gunite can last longer compared to other concrete application. Gunite can last for more or less hundred years considering that the application is being done with an experience shotcrete operator and that the materials are of high-quality.
The shotcrete should be able to know the requirements laid down by the engineer or test panel. These rules should be followed:
(1) Proper cleaning of the surface before spraying
(2) Able to apply bonding coating before heavier shotcrete application
(3) Proper distance of the nozzle and the surface to achieve the right consistency and thickness of the shotcrete layer
(4) Lessen the bulging, air pockets, sagging and rebounds
(5) Lastly, clean the equipment immediately after application to prevent accumulation of the materials in the pump, hose and nozzle which will after the succeeding application.
After the application is done, repair and maintenance should be next for consideration. This does not mean that gunite application can be easily damaged but to longer the life of gunite application, maintenance should always be done.
Plaster may deteriorate over time and changes in weather which may need to reapply plaster and repair cracks.